SA members from all over the world – connected together via the Internet for a whole day – carrying the SA message to the still suffering sexaholic
A Worldwide Twelfth Step
Beginning on 23rd August 2017 at 09:00 UTC*
Ending on 24th August 2017 at 09:00 UTC
To carry the message to the still suffering lust addict by the appropriate use of information technology (IT).
Content and Activities
Imagine a channel television station broadcasting on three channels
- Channel A has a continuous series of one hour panels, where sober SA members share their experience, strength and hope about carrying the SA message. Each panel will be hosted by a different SA service body, such as a Region, Intergroup or international committee. All sessions will be streamed live over the internet, where they can be immediately accessed by any SA member clicking on a published hyperlink.
- Channel B features a continuous series of workshops in which groups and individuals from around the world show each other how they are using IT to carry the message to the still suffering sexaholic. The emphasis here is on real-time activities rather than on listening to ideas. Access to this password protected channel is for registered Geek Camp participants only.
- Channel C is an interactive social media channel where SA members from around the world can fellowship together and entertain each other – songs, dance, music, sketches and laughter will all be welcome. Access to this password protected channel is for registered Geek Camp participants only.
The revised Geek Camp schedule will be published here shortly.
What is a Geek Camp node?
A node is a physical get-together of SA members in a specific location, in order to participate in the Camp as a group. It is envisaged that there will be many of these operating around the world at sometime during the 24 hours of the Camp .
To establish a Geek Camp node:
- Sign-up for the Camp here, if you have not already done so
- Publish your node’s proposed location in the Geek Camp Node Directory
- Occupy a physical venue with a good quality wireless internet connection on 23-24 August 2017
- Connect to the Internet with your chosen equipment (PCs, Laptops, etc.)
- Participate in the Camp with other SA members from this venue
- Select and complete at least one Workshop Activity during the Camp
Beyond this, your node group is invited to:
- Provide a translator from English into your local language, if required
- Participate in Channel C, so that other participants can see and hear you at work and at play
- Listen to panel talks on Channel A
- Provide refreshments and fellowship for those attending your node in person
- Cover any costs in some appropriate manner
We hope that you will also enjoy a wonderful day of sober SA fellowship and contribute joyfully to the life of the whole Camp
Participate in Geek Camp
There are opportunities to participate both in the preparations and in the Camp itself
1. Complete this Geek Camp Participant form to join us and get involved
2. Download a flyer to take to your local meeting
3. Talk with other members in your area about hosting a node
4. Join the Geek Camp WhatsApp group
Thu 25 May 2017 at 17:00 UTC. 10.00 California, 13.00 New York, 18:00 London, 20.00 Jerusalem, 21.30 Tehran, 03.00 26 May Sydney. To join via the web, click this link. It is not necessary to download the App. The meeting ID is nicholasessay To join by phone, identify the access number for your country here, …
Check here for new details as they unfold and add your own comments too.