What is a Geek Camp node?
A node is a physical get-together of SA members in a specific location, in order to participate in the Camp as a group. It is envisaged that there will be many of these operating around the world at sometime during the 24 hours of the Camp .
To establish a Geek Camp node:
- Sign-up for the Camp here, if you have not already done so
- Publish your node’s proposed location in the Geek Camp Node Directory
- Occupy a physical venue with a good quality wireless internet connection on 23-24 August 2017
- Connect to the Internet with your chosen equipment (PCs, Laptops, etc.)
- Participate in the Camp with other SA members from this venue
- Select and complete at least one Workshop Activity during the Camp
Beyond this, your node group is invited to:
- Provide a translator from English into your local language, if required
- Participate in Channel C, so that other participants can see and hear you at work and at play
- Listen to panel talks on Channel A
- Provide refreshments and fellowship for those attending your node in person
- Cover any costs in some appropriate manner